Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My first card

I am so very pleased to share with you all my very first card. I was inspired by a picture featured on the fantastic blog of Lillybean's Paperie. This is the picture that started this card.



Isn't this photo lovely? I love the creamy whites,reds and a just a hint of golden brown in those buttons. I wasn't able to complete the card when she was having the challenge but I did indeed finish it. This card will go to the love of my life. I believe my husband will be surprised when he gets it.



I created this card with a old paper that has embossed hearts on it and sadly do not know what company it is from. A bit of white card stock to create the lace panel and butterflies. They were embossed with a Cuddlebug folder. I love the lacey look it gives to the paper. Anna Griffin's paper from 2001. I know I really pulled from the bottom of the box.~Giggle~ Distress inks in Antique White and Vintage Photo. Butterflies, ovals and edge trim all created from Spellbinders products. A few glittered heart stickers for a pop of color.

I am kinda new at this card making so would love to know your thoughts and helpful hints on how to improve.

Here is the inside of the card. Love that Anna Griffin Paper.


Thank you for peeking in on me. I do hope that you will visit again soon. Off to eat a yummy dinner and I will share that recipe tomorrow if possible.
P.J.

13 comments:

  1. Oh my! It's truly, truly beautiful, sweet, and romantic...LOVE the embossing details...the butterfly...and of course the shabby floral...your husband will adore it...I certainly do. I hope you'll continue to create more cards...you are very talented.
    Thanks so much for playing along.
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you so much Melissa, Your comments just made my day. I hope he likes it.
    Thank you again for the inspiration and your time.
    Pj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pj, Congrats on making your very first card . . . it's Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! Seems like that's all I get done these days is making cards. You just may get hooked on making cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Gina! So very nice of you to stop by and say such nice things. Have a great week:)
    Pj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margee'
    is making cards all the time such a bad thing? maybe I am out of the loop here but I would say it beats doing the dishes.;)
    Thank you for stopping by commenting on my card. Wonderful!
    Pj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello PJ! Wow, your first card! My first card was AWFUL! Your attention to detail is amazing and I love how you've combined so many techniques already! You are definitely a shabby chic kinda gal!

    One technique that I find really helps to give cards that professional look is matting. For example, on your cream embossed panel, you could mat it on some dark brown or coffee coloured card leaving a very small border around (say 2mm) it. Does that make sense?!!

    Look forward to seeing more of your designs and thx for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog! *Speak* soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Mary J,
    I am blown away by your comments. Ya might want to hold onto them as this next card is awFUL! I am afraid to share it but even the good, the bad and the UGLY have a place in this world.

    Thank you for the helpful hint. I will give that a try. I didn't think about that but certainly would give the cards a professional look. There are so many techniques out there I still have to learn. One day at a time I say.
    Thanks again for stopping by and leaving such sweet sentiments.
    Pj

    ReplyDelete
  9. How on earth can this BE?!! This can not be your very first card ever! This card is gorgeous! This must truly be your forte! I know your husband loved your sweethearts day creation. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If this was your first card then you are on the fast track to stardom...it rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rae, Thank you. My head is spinning from your kind words. I never saw this post. I am hoping you are right. I have been playing with paper since the first part of November and have only learned what I can from blogs, utube and a few magazines. Husband did love the card. A sweet reminder of our wedding which had a butterfly theme.
    Pj

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah,
    Thank you, you are too kind. Stardom, doubtful. You keep believing for both of us.;)
    Pj

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, First let my thank you for the warm words given on my blog about my wedding entries. Now, I must say that if this is your first card ever...I'm sticking around for the long haul to see what comes down the pike!!! LOL! Wonderfully creative, beautiful color combo! Very romantic look! I will keep following!

    http://www.pawwpadd-caseyspitterpatterchatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete